chum chum recipe
– 4 litter milk
– 1 kg sugar
– 10 g alum(phutkari)
– 1/2 tsp. saffron
– 10 almonds
– 10 pistachio nuts
– few drops of kewra essence
1. Heat the milk in a deep pan to boiling point over high flame. Add the alum powder to curdle. Remove it from the flame quickly otherwise the cheese will become hard. Pour it into the muslin bag or a thin cloth & allow to drain water. Press the bag & leave to drain for several hours.
2. Add saffron powder in the paneer. Mix it well & make small triangular chum chum.
3. Boil sugar in 2 1/2 cups of water to prepare solution (aik tar ka sheera). Carefully drop in the chum chum
4. Cook for half an hour over low flame.
5. Put the chum chum in a plate and make cream circles in their center. Garnish with sliced pistachio nuts and kewra essence.
Cham cham is a traditional Bengali mithai. It is prepared with freshly prepared chena. After boiling Chamcham cool it completely and stuff it with your favorite filling. Chamcham is more delicious then normal rasgullas.A great Pakistani sweet – Chum Chum, that we buy for eating. Now you can make it at home by above those easy recipe.