The best italian cream cheesecake recipe
Ancient Roman-style cheesecake uses honey and a ricotta-like cheese along with flour and is traditionally shaped into loaves. Some recipes call for bay leaves, which may have been used as a preservative. Italian-style cheesecake uses ricotta or mascarpone cheese, sugar, vanilla extract, and sometimes barley flakes. This type of cheesecake is typically drier than American styles. Small bits of candied fruit are often added.
1/3 cup butter
1/4 cup sugar
11/4 cups finely crushed graham crackers (about 18)
3 eggs 1 can of condensed milk (not evaporated)
3 packs of cream cheese
2 tsp of vanilla exact
- Melt butter, stir in sugar.
- Add crushed crackers. Toss to mix well.
- Spread evenly into a 9 inch pie plate.
- Press onto bottom and sides to form a firm, even crust.
- Chill about 1 hr or till firm.
- Mix all 3 packs of cream cheese together until smooth.
- Then add condensed milk slowly while mixing.
- Add eggs and vanilla and mix well until smooth.
- Then pour it in the pan.
- Pre heat the oven at 350 degree and bake it untill light brown.